Epic Games has officially announced the release date, originally supposed to be this Spring, then delayed for Fall 2011. The game will now launch worldwide on September 20th exclusively for Xbox 360. The game takes place 18 months after the events of Gears of War 2 and the loss of Jacinto. You’ll be returning to familiar faces with Baird, Dom and Marcus along with some new faces.
Read more below to check out some of the latest revealed features of the new game.
· An enthralling cinematic story that captivates players in an intimately intense action game
· Five-on-five multiplayer experience as well as four player campaign co-op experience
· New multiplayer game modes including ‘Beast Mode’ – offering a new twist to the game where you take on the role of the locust horde and their assorted variations!
· New maps including: Trenches which features an impressive sand storm that reduces your visibility, as well as Overpass, Mercy, Checkout, and Thrashball
· New weapons including: The Bayonet Charge, The Retro Lancer, The Sawed-off Shotgun, The OneShot – a heavy sniper rifle that shoots through shields or cover for a surprise one shot kill, The Incendiary Grenade, The Digger Launcher and a few subtle tweaks to old favourites Hammerburst and The Classic Lancer. Don’t forget that each weapon now has its own execution move!
Stay tuned for more updates, and keep your eyes peeled for more news on the Official Multiplayer Public Beta coming soon!