After a short delay, Sony Online Entertainment has sent word that Payday: The Heist will hit online distribution on October 18.
The game is exclusive to PlayStation 3 and is an online co-op game developed in-house by Sony Online Entertainment. Each new scenario forces players to think like a criminal to take down the objective. Whether its robbing a bank, or rescuing one of their own. Here are some of the features you’ll find in Payday.
- Six High-Intensity Heists: Whether you’re blowing the roof off a building to extract a safe via helicopter, or emptying the vault at the First World Bank, these action-packed heists will have players on edge and always checking their six.
- Interactive Co-op Gameplay: Whether AI or live, your crew of four must operate as one to bring in the “big score.” Sharing extra ammo and med kits, helping regenerate wounded partners, guarding key positions, taking civilian hostages, or cracking through various security measures — it’s all for one and one for all.
- Endless Replayability: Dynamic environments, adaptive enemy behavior,shifting entry points, FBI agents repelling through skylights on ropes, SWAT teams crashing through the windows, and special units crawling through the ventilation shafts makes each play-through of every heist a unique fight.
- Massive Character Progression Tree: Players choose a specialty — assault, sharpshooter or support — to gain weapons and equipment that fit their preferred form of violence. Unlock trip mines, silenced pistols, machine guns and much, much more.
- Shout-Out Button: Players need to be vocal and shout commands and directions to the co-op crew, as well as hostages and the police if they want to survive to spend their cut of the take.
- Hostage Trading: Hostages can be used as lifelines. If anyone in the crew is taken into custody, trade hostages to get crewmembers back and increase the odds of completing your objectives.
- PlayStation®3 system or PC * : For keyboard and mouse marksman, as well as handheld controller snipers, PAYDAY is the uber-FPS for a high intensity shooter fix. *PC release date to be announced.
- More DLC: Additional heists, weapons and equipment means PAYDAY — a digitally distributed AAA quality title for less than half the price of a retail game — is total OVERKILL.
The game will be available for $19.99 USD.