Id Software has today announced the availability of two subscription packages for Quake Live. Players will still be able to play for free, but there are now some other options for the high rollers amongst you.
Premium subscription (£1.59 a month, billed annually) contains:
- Access to 20 Quake Live Premium only maps, including both new maps and some community favourites from old Quake games such as Aerowalk, Theatre of Pain, Japanese Castles and Realm of Steel Rats.
- A new Freeze Tag mode.
- Premium level awards.
- The ability to create your own clan and join up to five separate clans.
- Custom Quake Live profile wallpaper.
- Match stats stored for six months.
Pro subscription (£3.18 a month, billed annually) contains:
- The ability to start your own game server, specify a server location, determine the game mode and invite whoever you want to join you.
- You can invite three friends that only have free membership to play with you on any Premium level map.
- Exclusive pro awards.
- Create your clan and join up to ten separate clans.
- Match stats stored for 12 months.